
Well, it is time to report how I am doing with my new years resolutions. First, I am happy to report that Schuyler and I are on the straight and narrow path of becoming financially fit. Ever since Schuy was hired on at meyer tool, we have been following a budget. We had some success, but we were worried because we knew that our student loan grace period was up at the beginning of the new year. We were worried because we weren't sure we were going to be able to make it when we had to start paying on our student loans. Well, this is where being faithful tithing payers came into play because we sat down last night and planned for next month when our first huge loan payment is due. I am happy to report that we are going to be okay!! This is a huge relief to both of us (and our extended family). Things will be tight and we will have to make sacrifices, but we will be living within our means and hacking away at our debt.
The weight loss is also going well. I am in the 5th week of being on the South Beach Diet and I am happy to report I have lost about 15 pounds. I feel really good and plan to keep it up. It was really hard the first couple of weeks, but it was worth it. It also helps to know that I have support from My dad, my sister and My brother-in-law, they all are on it too. It is a great diet plan and I would recommend it to any one.
The marathon training was put on hold for awhile, but I am happy to report, we are back on track as of yesterday. We ran, and it felt great! Today we had a set back because of the snow, but I got out and shoveled both my and my grandma's walkways and driveways, so I feel really good about that. Before we all got soo sick and had to put the training on hold, Cass and I were able to run 7 miles on our long run and then the next week we completed 8 miles on our long run and the week after that I went for 4 miles(was getting sick at that point) and Cassie ran 5 miles. I never thought I could run consistently for 8 miles in my life! But I did it, and it goes to show you that we are, as children of Heavenly Father, capable of many great things!
I wanted to also tell you all how much I love my little boy. He was so good to me when I really got sick there for about 2 weeks. I had the flu that is going around and I hope no one else gets it. He would ask me if I was alright, climb up and cuddle with me(the best medicine in my mind), bring me something to drink without spilling! He was just really good to me. It showed me how much he loves me and that made me feel really special. I felt bad about how much we had to be cooped up, so when I started to feel a bit better we made cookies for valentines day together and had a blast. We also had fun the next day at His preschool passing out the cookies. I love my little boy!

11 comments:
Good job! I'm impressed you've been doing so well with your resolutions. And I'm glad you are feeling better.
Great job Abbey!! You are my inspiration. It is so hard to pick back up on exercising when you have been down for a while. Glad you are feeling better and back out there. Keep up the great work!
And Jeeremy could only be sweet with a mom and dad like you two. :D
Congrats on your progress with your resolutions! I'm glad you are feeling better. This flu bug really wipes people out! And it sounds like you had a fantastic Valentines Day with Jeremy.
Ya it's too bad you had so much fun making cookies, some are still in my freezer taunting me every time I get in the fridge.
Congratulations! It's neat to hear you are doing so well.
Hi, Abbey--
Sorry to hear you were all sick. Schuy told me that you had all been down. I have been truly blessed with good health for many months now. I even got a letter from United that I have had perfect attendance for a year as of January 18th.
I would like to put your blog address in the family newsletter. Would you email me and let me know what the exact wording is please? This way others in the family can log on and read and see what is going on with all of you there.
I have flown 302 hours for this quarter. The company max for a quarter is 300, but out trip screwed up and I ended up working one of my days off this week. Glad for the money, needed a day off to clean the house and do some other projects that are on the back burner.
Take care. Give Jeremy a hug from Momma G.
Way to go Abbey!! Sounds like you're making some great strides!
Abbey - I agree with Michelle...it's hard to pick up on a workout program when you've been down with sickness.
I hear ya on the student loan payments. Aaron and I always think of what we would do with $XXX extra per month. Oh well, it was worth it! We wouldn't be here without those loans.
Way to go Abbey! You are doing awesome on your goals! I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better too!
Waay cute pictures of a waay cute boy. Don't ya just love it when your little one is tender with you when you're down? It's just so sweet.
Congratulations on all the success you've had (not so much on the sickness though). We did SouthBeach of almost a year. It really was great- but BE CAREFUL- our downfall was getting too confident in Phase 3.
I know you can do it!!!
hey, i left a comment a couple days ago and it never showed up!
i don't remember what i said - so i'll just pretend like i never wrote a comment.
good job on running! i think that's great that you can run so far! and i think it's great that you are keeping up with all your other goals. keep up the good work!
Post a Comment