This past Saturday, Jeremie, Cassie, and I finished our first half marathon! It was raining, which was a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it gave us relief from the heat we had been having, but a curse because wet socks, shoes and running do not mix very well. Our feet were pretty sore, and we all had blisters, BUT we did it! I never consisdered myself a runner, but now I must say that I am addicted to it. It definitly is a Love/Hate relationship.
As far as my new year's resolution to run a marathon, I feel like my body at this point is built for a half. As I continue to loose weight, I feel that a marathon will be my next longggg term goal, but as for now, I am quite satisfied with my latest accomplishment.
Monday, June 9, 2008
WE DID IT!!!!
Posted by
AJ
at
7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I'm Proud of you! I don't think I could do it. You're amazing!
Yay! You did it! What a sense of accomplishment. What an example you guys are to your friends.
Wahoo! Good job! I've been wanting to catch the running bug again since all your girls have it, but after trying step aerobics last week, I don't think my back can take it. Anyone up for a bike ride? hehe
Congratulations!
Wow, that is so amazing. I always wished that I was a runner. I may still be someday, but not any time soon.
Rock on!!! That is one HUGE accomplishment.
That is so awesome. I haven't worked up to anything more than a brisk walk without dying so that is a great accomplishment.
Wow! Abbey, I am impressed! The most I could ever do was run the Bolder Boulder for a few years--run meaning a little more than a fast walk, and only 6.2 miles. That is so great! I think I called on Saturday. You must have been to the big race.
Congrats you two! That is a major accomplishment!!
Congratulations! I wish I would have known you were running. I would have brought my kids and cheered you on.
so, i left a comment earlier (i think i was number three) but it seemed to have not stuck. lame.
i think that is so great that you ran a half marathon! well done! that is definitely a huge accomplishment for anyone!
WOW, Congratulations! It's so neat to watch (or read) about the goals you set and how you go after them. Awesome job!
Congratulations! I really admire the determination it takes to do this.
Congratulations Abbey! I am sooo impressed!!
Congratulations on your first 1/2!!!! I'm amazed and thrilled for you! I can't wait to hear more!
(I do hate the wet socks problem!)
Post a Comment